You guys, I did it! I conquered the impossible! I finished college!
I’ve been blogging about my final semester in school for a bit, but to actually be able to say that I finished finals and I am now a college graduate is absolutely surreal. This is something I’ve been planning and aiming towards for more than five years. It’s crazy to think that back in high school, college was only a distant thought. Now, it’s a part of my history.
What’s the plan now? Well, like most successful business school graduates…I’m still figuring that out. I am definitely trying my best to work out applying my degree to a hopefully eventually full-time career, but there are other things I want to finally do now that this huge chapter in my life has finally come to an end.
- Travel – There are so many places I want to see. Even just in the United States! After working in Florida, I made friends with people all around the country, and I would love to go visit them when given the chance. I’ve never been to New York or New Orleans…and I might take a trip to the Grand Canyon with my friend Jess in the near future!
- Write – I really want to take this time to continue to improve my writing. Whether it’s with blogging, short stories…anything! Expressing myself creatively is the one way I know how to keep myself sane from the stresses of the world. I’m excited to dive back in to it.
- Grow my blog – A rather cliche goal, but I really do want to grow and develop this blog to its highest potential. Whether that’s 5 or 5,000 readers, staying dedicated to this blog’s growth will definitely be at the top of my priorities this upcoming year. I’ll also be getting back into my Disney blog, including Youtube hopefully!
- Strive for a healthier me – Whether it’s eating healthy, exercising, or getting enough sleep, college and work made it rather difficult to focus on much when it came to staying healthy. I don’t find myself fat or overweight, I would just like to be as healthy as possible and treat my body the way it deserves.
- Visit home more often – My family lives in Northern California….I’m in Southern. For those of you who don’t know, that’s roughly 496 miles away from my apartment (or a 7 hr 43 min drive). The combination of homework, classes, and working weekends/holidays made it very difficult to fly home and see my family and hometown friends, which is something I really want to change now that most of the barriers are no longer going to keep me away!
These are just five quick things I can think of off the top of my head while I’m being emotional at 1 o’clock in the morning, but I’m ridiculously excited to start living my life without school or homework holding me back from any plans. College taught me an incredible amount of important life lessons, and I met some amazing people along the way. It’s time to apply those lessons and build those relationships and keep moving forward toward my future! (Okay Sara, stop being corny.)
Do you have any goals or resolutions for the new year?
I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!